If you are noticing that your HoudiniEsq plug-in is not loading when starting up Outlook, and this issue persists after reinstallation of the plugin, the most likely issue lies in the Windows Registry.
If Outlook is starting too slowly (which is about 1 to 2 seconds of added time) Outlook may automatically disable one or more plugins which can include the HoudiniEsq plugin. This is set within the Registry, so the issue may persist even if the plug-in is uninstalled and reinstalled. Thankfully, we can instruct Outlook to re-allow the plugin, but we will have to use the Registry Editor to do so.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Modifying the Windows Registry is DANGEROUS and you do so at your own risk. If you choose to do so, be very careful to ONLY modify the directories and items listed in this article. LogicBit Software is NOT liable for any damage you do to your Windows installation by not following the procedures listed below. If you feel uncomfortable with this, please contact us at our support numbers listed on our main site, or contact a Microsoft support representative who can assist you as well.
Follow these steps to re-enable the HoudiniEsq plug-in:
- Uninstall the HoudiniEsq Outlook plugin from the Programs and Features menu in Control Panel.
- Click on your Start menu, or if using Windows 8/10, the Start menu equivalent (Metro screen, Cordana, etc)
- Type in the following in the search (or just type directly with Win8/10): regedit.exe
- Locate the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Resiliency (replace 15.0 with your actual Outlook version: 15.0 means Outlook 2013, 14.0 means Outlook 2010, 13.0 means Outlook 2007, etc) – remove the REG_BINARY keys found in DisabledItems and CrashingAddinList (see above image)HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins – remove the keys/directories that refer to the HoudiniEsq plug-in entirely. The plug-in will recreate them when re-installed.
- Re-install the Outlook plug-in from our website here: http://houdiniesq.com/law-practice-management-software-plugin-downloads/