Document Templates in HoudiniEsq 2.0 can be created and added through the Word plugin. First, you will need to install the plugin. Then, go to the HoudiniEsq section of the plugin.
You will see the “Manage Template” menu. Templates allow you to insert ‘tokens’ into a Word doc. A token is a placeholder for a particular value. Example ‘Client-first-name’. The Word document allows you to place these token into your document so that these values will automatically be placed in there.
- To create a template start with either a blank Word document or open an already existing template.
- Click Insert Field to add tokens.
- You can drilldown to specific field associated with matters, events, contacts, staff, and more. This includes custom field data too.
- Additionally, you can also add a Conditional Statement by selecting the field, checking “Conditional Statement” and then selecting your data comparitor, and the result you are comparing. Then click “Insert Field”.
Then, simply input the text you wish to display between the <<cs>> and <<es>> tags that are created. If the condition is matched, the text will be shown.
- A finished document template will look something like this.
When finished, click Save Template to save the template to HoudiniEsq. Select your Document Type and enter a Memo, then click Save. It is not recommended to make templates Private as other Staff will not be able to access them, but the option is available.
To generate a document for a particular matter using matter specific data from a template, click “Generate Document” button.
Select a template from the “Select Template” dropdown, enter and search for a matter in the “Select Matter” dropdown. Click “Generate Document” to generate a matter specific document. If you have lots of templates in the system, you can filter your templates by selecting a template type in the “Select Type” dropdown.
Once this generates all tokens will be replaced with actual data from matter (and contact). This insurance document will look like this when it is generated with actual data.
Upload Document Templates
Document Templates can also be added by simple going to the Matter Dashboard in HoudiniEsq and clicking “Gen Doc.”
Then select the Upload option.
Click Add Templates and find the template you want to upload on your local computer, and then click the Upload button. You will now be able to generate the document template.