Cannot Open Documents
We’ve noticed that Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Internet Explorer will over-zealously block pop-ups and this will cause documents to not open in HoudiniEsq.
If you opened a document in Chrome and you don’t see anything happen look at the top right of your browser. Do you see this?
If you do, click on the symbol with the red X. This will open this screen.
The document is considered a pop-up by Chrome. In order to see the document click the ‘Always allow pop-ups from (your domain)‘. and then click done.
Reopen the document and it should open fine.
IE will consider a document to be a pop-up.
Click ‘Options for this site‘ then ‘Always allow‘.
IE may cause you to re-login (because it refreshes the page). Log back in and you should be able to open the document fine.
To access the pop-up blocker settings:
Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Content panel.
In the content panel:
- Block pop-up windows: Uncheck this to disable the pop-up blocker altogether.
- Exceptions: This is a list of sites that you want to allow to display pop-ups.
The dialog has the following choices:
- Allow: Click this to add a website to the exceptions list.
- Remove Site: Click this to remove a website from the exceptions list.
- Remove All Sites: Click this to remove all of the websites in the exceptions list.
Still Can’t Open Documents?
After disabling popups, you be asked for a password and username when opening a document. The screen may look like this depending on your browser:
This is your IRIS username and password.
- IRIS Username
The username to enter is ‘iris‘, all lower case with no single quotes.
- IRIS Password
- On-premise – The IRIS password is the second password you defined when you installed the software (the first was your user login password).
- SaaS – The IRIS password was sent to you when your Cloud account of HoudiniEsq was setup. Look for the email that states your instance URL, your user password, and your iris password. It will have been sent to the email address of the person who signed up for the account.